Founded in 2010 by Alex Cirillo and Dani Faith Leonard, Big Vision Empty Wallet provides resources, tools, education, and opportunities for innovation-driven producers and content creators. Whether they’re writing original screenplays, developing new TV concepts, or creating vast story-worlds that span across multiple platforms, members of BVEW’s curated community are forward-thinking creators who are consistently advancing innovation in the entertainment industry.
We are based in NYC because that’s where we think the best creative environment exists, but we don’t discriminate – our community spans the US and Canada, with a smattering of members all over the world.
Creating and releasing great content is a business. We don’t believe that you have to sell your soul to create great work so we make sure our members know their shit and remain on the cutting edge.
In 2014, BVEW’s founders launched Big Vision Creative to produce innovative multi-platform projects and offer creative and business consulting services to producers to keep them on the cutting edge and help them profit while maintaining their projects’ artistic integrity.
We want our community to kick creative ass and have ballsy business skills so we never have to sell our souls. Our industry has a soul-sucking reputation, but we don’t believe that’s a necessary prerequisite to creating forward-thinking work and finding success.
Their role as thought leaders of the BVEW community has garnered Cirillo & Leonard invitations to speak at film festivals, a White House roundtable, and entertainment industry think-tanks. In 2013, they were featured as a start-up success story by A&E’s Project Start-Up.
- In 2008, BVEW co-founder Dani Faith Leonard founded Industry Power Play, a screening and showcase series (which we merged with BVEW in 2011) to feature the work of NYC artists that were kicking ass, but nobody knew about it.
- Alex came on board a few months later after screening her work and recognizing the value these events held for emerging filmmakers in the NYC community.
- After hosting nearly 100 screenings and workshops, we had created a demand within our community and decided to offer the resources, tools, and opportunities that people needed in order to artfully pursue their careers.
- We launched BVEW on May 1st, 2010.
- We have produced over 150 events, screened over 350 films, and partnered with iconic companies that we have a great amount of respect for, like Canon and Variety.
- BVEW Members now exist all over the world, and continue to kick ass.